“Would you like a fixed solution to replace your missing teeth? Do you want to eliminate or avoid using dentures? Does your missing teeth or dentures cause you social embarrassment, lack of confidence or make you feel older than you wish?”
Dental implants are an effective solution which Dr Brij Dhody and Dr Christo Frick have been providing for many years to replace missing teeth, eliminate dentures and improve chewing ability.
What are dental implants?
The preferred method of tooth replacement is dental implant treatment. Dental implants are substitute tooth roots. They form a stable foundation for permanent replacement teeth that look, feel and function like your natural teeth. Dental implants can also preserve the bone by providing the stimulation that was previously provided by the natural tooth roots, thereby maintaining the integrity of your facial structures. Unfortunately, millions of people experience the difficulties associated with missing teeth, some of which can severely undermine their self-confidence and the quality of their life.
Missing teeth can compromise your health, eating habits, speech and appearance. Another serious consequence of tooth loss is the compromise to your facial structures. When a tooth is lost, the bone that previously surrounded the tooth root deteriorates, or melts away. When all the teeth are missing, the facial structures collapse as the jaw(s) deteriorate over time.
Advantages of Dental Implant Treatment
There are numerous advantages of dental implant treatment over other treatment options:
- It is not necessary to grind down the adjacent teeth for a bridge or secure a partial denture to the teeth with clasps that can eventually loosen them.
- By utilising dental implants people who are missing all their teeth are spared the many problems associated with traditional false teeth and dentures.
- Implants look and function just like your natural teeth. They are also a fixed replacement.
- You can eat whatever you like without worrying about loose dentures and can speak and lead your life as normal.
How long does Dental Implant treatment take?
Dependent on your consultation and plan, the dentist will discuss your journey and dental implant treatment process. Dental implants can take anywhere between 3 to 9 months to complete.
You will have an initial assessment with the Dentist, where they will inform you of the process, costs and your best suited treatment plan that is tailored to you. Scans and models will then be arranged to be taken to aid with your treatment. The Dentist will then arrange the appointments for your dental implant to be fitted and crown placed on top. Ensuring that you are on your journey to a more confident you!
Dental Implant After Care
Once your implant crown has been fitted at your appointment, it is advised to brush and floss twice daily as you would normally. Regular examinations and dental implant maintenance visits will be arranged with your dentist to review the dental implant. Regular hygiene visits are advised to keep up with your oral hygiene and dental implant maintenance.
Special Interest Dental Implant Dentist
Dr Christo Frick B.S.c/B.Ch.D. (U.Stell) PG.Dipl.Rest.Dent (UCL Eastman) PG.Dipl.Implant.Dent. (U.Pretoria)
The high expectations of today’s well educated and informed patients demand an integrated approach to Implantology. Traditionally implants have been placed by oral surgeons with little knowledge and understanding of the demands of restorative dentistry. With my knowledge and experience in both restorative and implant dentistry, I am able to do things differently. This means I can consider and anticipate potential restorative problems at the treatment planning stage and place the implant in a position to maximise aesthetics and function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduated in July 2000 from the University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Awarded the prestigious “PROSSA” medal for the best achiever in fixed Prosthetics in my year.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Restorative Dentistry from the Eastman Dental Institute, London.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Anterior Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry from London Dental Teaching Centre by Prosthodontist,
Dr Basil Mizrahi (who is also a lecturer at the Eastman Dental Institute).
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Occlusion and Tooth Wear from the Pankey Institute, Miami, Florida.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Implant Dentistry from the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Regular theatre sessions for complex implant cases with Dr Gerrit Wyma (MFOS and Fellow/Chairman of the ITI).
- Regular theatre sessions for complex aesthetic implant cases with Prof Andre van Zyl (Periodontist and Head of Periodontal Department at University of Stellenbosch/Pretoria).
- Member of the ITI attending regular study clubs.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cb-Ct Core Training Level 1 and Level 2 (justification, interpretation and reporting of oral Cb-Ct scans), Cambridge Academy of Dental Implantology.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Implant Therapy & Grafting by Dr Sacha Jovanovic (Periodontist) from the gIDE Institute, Los Angeles, USA.
I look forward to providing my patients with the care, expertise and time that I would bestow upon my own familyand achieving results of a high and pleasing standard.
How much does Dental Implant treatment cost?
Dental Implant Fees
- Implant Consultation – £90*
- Implant planning aids – £150*
- Implant Placement – £1550*
- Implant Crown – £1000*
- Removable Acrylic Implant denture – £2500*
- Fixed Acrylic Implant bridge – £4500*
- Fixed Porcelain Implant bridge – £9000*
- Bone Augmentation – £450*
* All above fees are subject to consultation, outcome of your dental implant treatment assessment and complexity of treatment required
Making payments easier for you
Worried that you can’t afford to pay for dental implant treatment? We offer Medenta 0% payment plans* for 12 months – subject to consultation and credit check. Please ask us for details. Ask your dentist how to restore and maintain the natural beauty of your smile with dental implants, enhancing the quality of your life.
Dental Implant treatment costing from £5.55 a day interest-free for 12 months!*
*Subject to consultation and credit check
Book your Dental Implant Consultation
You will have a full consultation with Dr Brij Dhody or Dr Christo Frick before treatment is undertaken, where all aspects of the procedures will be fully explained. Brij and Christo work closely together to provide a seamless solution for you.
We ask you to fill in our Dental Implant Questionnaire prior to your consultation – please click below to download
Dr Brij Dhody and Dr Christo Flick look forward to welcoming you – call for an appointment 01902 766287